Davis & McLay Insurance Brokers provides personal insurance, including home, auto and travel. Whatever your insurance needs are, we can help!
We understand that running a business can be time consuming. We take care of your business insurance so you can focus on what really matters.
We’re proud to partner with a number of top insurance companies in the business. Having so many options allows us to find the best products and prices for our client’s insurance needs.
Making a Claim
Making a claim should be simple. That’s why we’re available in person, online or by phone, including an after-hours message service so you can reach us when you need us the most. Click below to start your claim now.
View options →
Welcome to Davis & McLay Insurance Brokers, the Bruce Peninsula’s home for quality insurance products and exceptional customer service. Our expert brokers are ready to help guide you through the sometimes-complicated world of insurance, and work with you to build the best policy for your needs. Whether personal or business, we have a wide variety of travel, automotive and property insurance products to protect what matters most to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I report an auto claim?
You can report an auto claim by calling the claims number listed on your insurance “pink slip” or by calling us during regular business hours, or leaving a message after hours.
In order to obtain an accurate quotation for the cost of your homeowners insurance what will I need?
• The full address of your house (including postal code)
• The year your house was built
• The style of your home (ex: bungalow, two story, split level)
• The amount of living space available in the house expressed in terms of square feet or meters
• The type and age of the heating system, including the fuel source, in your house
• The type and age of the roof on your home
• The type, size, and age of the electrical service in your home
• Information regarding any recent homeowners insurance claims you have experienced
• Advise your insurance broker of any valuables that you may have such as jewelry, sports equipment, and collectables you may own
What should I do if I get in an accident?
Accidents and mishaps are part of life. Being prepared can make the experience less frightening. Here are some helpful tips on what to do in case of an accident:
• Stay calm.
• Check for injuries and determine the extent of damage.
• If safe to do so, move your vehicle to the side of the road and turn on hazard lights.
• Do not admit fault or liability.
• Call 911 to report the accident and any injuries; ask if police presence is required (usually it’s not required if damage is estimated to be less than $2,000 and there are no injuries).
• If police presence is not required, go to a Collision Reporting Centre (if available in your area).
• Exchange information with other driver(s) including name, phone number, driver’s licence and plate number, as well as insurance information.
• Exchange contact information with any witnesses.
• Record accident details for your records (weather conditions, what each car was doing, etc.)
• Do not discuss your insurance limits or accept monetary compensation.
• Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible.
Why Choose Us?
We have over 40 years experience providing expert insurance advice to the Bruce Peninsula community.
Our brokers are continually training to maintain the level of expertise our clients deserve.
We have always served Bruce Peninsula residents they way we want to be treated, because we live here too.
Request a Quote
Submit your details here and we’ll be in touch shortly with your insurance quote. You can also email us if you would prefer.
Do you have questions about how we can help you or your company? Give us a call between 09:00 and 05:00 Monday to Friday and we would be delighted to speak with you.